Since summer is upon us, and our favorite way to unwind on the weekends with girlfriends is with some refreshing cocktails, we decided to get behind the bar and serve up some drinks! We believe in a life of balance, fun and letting loose every once in a while ;)
A lot of you have been asking what are some 'healthier options' when asking for cocktails while out on the town.. So, we ventured to our favorite Beach Bar, 12+Highland to be bartenders for an evening. Keep in mind... we've never done this before and if we ever go on a guest bartending tour, we may meow for tips :P
*This video is intended for those that are above the legal drinking age. Thank you! :)
You also asked some of our top tips for kicking back, while staying safe & healthy...
In no particular order, here they are :)
1. Always be sure to get dinner before you enjoy your favorite cocktails!
If you're a TIU Girl, you are eating 3 meals and small snacks all day :)
2. Have a set number of drinks in mind that you will use as a limit... If not, you'll make that same mistake over and over of having a few too many. Tell yourself, 'okay girl, 3-4 drinks throughout the whole night and I'm good!'
3. Always have a designated driver, or another way of transportation. You do not want to ever risk hurting someone else, yourself or a friend.
4. Drink water between cocktails so you stay hydrated and can wake up for that Bootycall workout in the morning! Keep a 1:1 ratio of water and drinks
5. Beach Babes do not do keg stands.
6. Always have a partner in crime! Dance together, keep each other in check and make sure you're having the best day/night ever :)
7. Choose spritzers and champagne when you can! Spritzers made with soda water cut the wine calories in half. Champagne is light and bubbly, so sip slowly and it will fill you up!
8. Just because you are all Bombshells, doesn't mean you can order Jaeger Bombs.
9. Never lose track of your drink by putting it down at a party, gathering or bar.
10. You can drink plain water! If you're not in the mood or if you have an early morning, order soda waters with lime and enjoy yourself with friends :) Dance, Dance, DANCE!
11. We love a great glass of red wine. Order something top shelf you know you'll enjoy. You will make it last longer.
12. Getting the munchies? Us too! Keep the appetizers coming! When we're out, we love ordering tuna tartar, grilled artichoke, brussel sprouts, chicken skewers, caprese salad, anything vegetarian & remember to stick with anything lean, clean & green from the menu. Making it a girls night at home? Have kale chips pre made for you, veggies with your favorite healthy dips or hummus.. or any of the snack options from your Tone It Up Nutrition Plan!
13. Dancing? Dance with water! No spills on the dress and you're working out with friends.
14. Beach Babes keep it classy & happy ;) Always be a breath of fresh air to others.
15. Work hard so you can play hard~ and always enjoy life. It's happening!
Right click HERE and select 'Save Attachement As..' to download the Recipe Cards for your new Favorite Cocktails!
Remember these recipes are for TWO!!! You and a pal~
We also have a few great recipes that use coconut water!
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 10 OZ cup coconut water (we love our Zico coconut water)
- 2 frozen sliced banana (freeze sliced banana on a plate & put in freezer)
- 1/2 cup Zico ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 3 oz of your favorite coconut rum!
- 1 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- BLEND until smooth :)
- 4 OZ ZICO Lima citron
- 3 OZ Kettle l'orange
- 3 OZ Pomegranate Juice
- You can also place a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds in your glass
- 8 OZ ZICO Lima Citron
- ZICO ice cubes
- 20 Mint leaves... YUM!!!!
- 3 oz rum
- Juice of 2 limes
Karena & Katrina
New to Tone It Up? Sign up here for your lifetime membership to theTone It Up Nutrition Plan. As a member you recieve...
- Over 130 pages of your lifestyle plan, recipes & tips
- 5 Day Slim Down
- 7 Day Slim Down for photo shoots and events
- All New Editions (past & future)
- Updates to the plan
- Exclusive member emails
- Access to Member's group in the community
- ... and you gain girlfriends for life that support your goals and dreams!! Otherwise known as the dream team ;)