A Green Delicious Smoothie everyone has to try!!!
By our girl, Eye it Try It~ Jane Lim!
Kale is an amazing vegetable recognized for its exceptional nutrient richness and versatility. Kale is one of the healthiest (and lowest calorie) vegetables and the beautiful leaves of the plant provide a deep, earthy flavor.
One cup of kale contains:
- 36 calories
- 5 grams of fiber
- 5% of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin B6
- 40% of magnesium, 180% of vitamin A, 200% of vitamin C, and 1,020% of vitamin K
- Good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus
- 2 cup kale (rinsed + de-stemmed)
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (other non-dairy milks will work as well)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Flax seeds (optional-to garnish)
- Throw all ingredients into the blender and blend away!
- Serve it in a cup, wine glass, mason jar!
- Sprinkle with flax seeds
Do you receive check-ins from your trainers!?! It's free :)
Get motivated today!
Tweet Jane Lim & send her some Tone It Up! love for contributing today! twitter.com/Eyeitryit
Visit her blog for more yummy recipes! http://eyeitryit.com/ xoxo -K&K