Good morning! Sending lots of love to you and your family & friends today. Tell them your trainers say hi :) Enjoy a few chocolate bunnies… you deserve them!!
Whether you’re celebrating Easter, or you just want a healthier treat, we made these cupcakes for you!!! Tone It cUpcakes :)
We made you Coconut Carrot Cupcakes… Tone It cUpcake style!!
A little healthy… & a little sweet :) Whether you’re celebrating this weekend or you want a special treat, your challenge is to enjoy two things that you want with your family & friends. Balance is really important. Your challenge is to inspire someone in your family, or a friend to workout with you!! Even if it’s a walk before dinner.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Cupcake Combine dry ingredients…
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Perfect Fit Protein
- 1/4 cup shredded, no sugar added coconut flakes.
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Small pinch cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
Add one at a time to dry mix with a whisk…
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain organic Greek yogurt (this will add moisture) or Vegans can add 1/2 cup applesauce!! :)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
***** After is all mixed, add 2 cups Grated Carrots (grated carrots from cheese grater is best) and 1/4 cup chopped pecans & walnuts mixed. Spray olive oil cooking pam on paper liners in cupcake pan. Pour mix in no more than 1/2 to 3/4 full (do not overfill). We used mini cupcake trays and they were perfect! Bake for 14-17 minutes or until middle is cooked (use a tooth pick and make sure it comes out dry when you test them). Let cool before you frost them :) We made that mistake because we wanted to try them so fast!
Tone It Up Frosting – amazing!
- 1 cup light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain, low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- Top cupcakes with Coconut flakes
- You can crush raspberries to make the frosting pink too!
- Protein powder makes the cupcakes lower glycemic index and much more like a vanilla cupcake :)
- We also like chocolate protein powder in place of 1/4 of the powdered sugar in our frosting. Add a little mint extract and you have a lower sugar mint chocolate frosting! This is what we did for our launch party and everyone was raving about the it.
Katrina & Karena
Subscribe for free fitness workouts, exercise videos, healthy recipes and more! Enter your email address and we will talk to you soon!