There are so many benefits to Brussels Sprouts!! If you’ve never tried them… you should! They’re DELICIOUS… and they are loaded with fiber, vitamin C, D, K and are low in calories. They’ve earned a bad rep ;) So we ventured to one of our favorite food bloggers, Jane Lim, to try her Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe!! It was amazing. Crunchy and full of flavor.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese (preferably fresh grated)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Rinse, trim and cut brussels sprouts into quarters (Trader Joes sells packaged readied brussels sprouts)
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the brussels sprouts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread the brussels sprouts onto a parchment lined baking pan and bake for ~20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a dry pan, toast the pine nuts for ~3 minutes until they start to brown (be careful not to burn them).
- When brussels sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven and place it in a serving bowl/dish. Toss it with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle it with the toasted pine nuts.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!